Computer network denotes the devices interlinked to share information. The devices in the computer network are called hosts and they have unique addresses. It is the responsibility of a computer network to provide a variety of services, manage them and monitor the network itself. Here the important point to note is the type of network and service that is controlled. Computer network projects are bringing out many innovations into reality.
This article is a brief note on doing projects in computer networks. Let us first start with a common question on computer networks. What are the types of networks and services that are being managed by a computer network?
COMPUTER NETWORK MAJOR TOPICS FOR THESIS
A computer network is designed to maintain the following different types of networks applications and objectives.
- Mobile and wireless networks
- Local area networks
- Virtual and overlay networks
- Programmable networks (software-defined)
- Smart grids
- Ad hoc networks
- IP networks
- Optical and sensor networks
- Datacenter networks
With 15 years of research excellence, our technical teams have developed computer network projects on all the above-mentioned types of networks. Reach out to our technical experts to know the ways in which we handled the network management challenges.
In the above section, we saw the different types of networks that can be managed within the domain of a computer network system. Now let us look into the different types of services that can be expected out of a computer network.
- Data and cloud services
- Virtual machines
- Management provisioning the resources
- Orchestration migration and discovery of services
- Network management based on QoE
- Wide variety of multimedia and grid services
If these many services can be provided by a computer network then it is to be inherently understood that the programming and algorithms associated with the services are to be well known for you. Through the expertise that we gained in handling network projects for specific applications, we are here to support you to do a successful project. What are the features of a computer network?
THE NETWORK ENVIRONMENT AND FEATURES ARE AS FOLLOWS
The environment of a network is nothing but the actual or real-time circumstances in which the computer network projects is going to be established. Keeping it in during your project design is very crucial so as to succeed in execution. The following is a brief description of the network environment and characteristics defined in association with its workflow.
- Perception – Network devices and sensors
- Data are received at first by the devices and sensors (neural, medical, environmental, chemical infrared – RFID, biosensors, and a range of mobile phone sensors including a sensor for location, movement, microphone, camera, light proximity, and magnetometer)
- The obtained data is processed before being communicated to the next part of a network
- Networking or communication
- The obtained and processed data is then communicated to other network components through different modes of communications
- Wireless sensor networks, near field communication, low power technologies (Bluetooth Wi-Fi and Zigbee), internet protocol (in smart system applications internet protocol communication includes link layer with low power, adaptation layer, routing and application protocols) RFID and WSN integration are some of the common standards of communication in networking
- The passing of communicated information to the middleware is specific to the objective for which the network is designed.
- This includes application and database-specific, semantic and event-based, or service-centered
- On the basis of the above criteria in working of computer networks, the following can be the potential areas of applications
- Smart systems – transport, agriculture, environment
- Home automation
- Health (fitness)
- Conservation of energy
- Logistics (supply chain management)
- On the basis of the above criteria in working of computer networks, the following can be the potential areas of applications
With a specialized team of experts, we are giving you complete research guidance on computer network projects design and simulation under different network environments and their characteristics. So you can rely on us for all your project needs. What are the basic questions regarding any computer network type?
- How are different types of data traffic (elastic and inelastic traffic) supported?
- How is the data on traffic transmitted between the source and destination(single path and multipath)?
- How are optimization variables updatedconcerning the different time scales for different layers?
By focusing on finding answers to the above three questions you can declare a computer network good or the best. You might need experts to stay with you during such attempts of answering some of the important research questions. In this regard, you can approach our technical team readily to get all your queries solved. Let us now look into some of the important areas of computer networking that a researcher should focus on.
- Packet switching
- Format and flow of packets
- Loops conditions and routing among networks
- Queuing theory
- Transmission of data
- Channels, physical media like radio, optical fiber, satellite, and so on, carrier signals and multiplexing
- Encoding and transmission of data along with its rate, bandwidth, and throughput
- The architecture of the network
- Topology in intra and internetworks
- Layers and protocols
- Models of various layers (four, five, and seven-layer models)
- APIs in every layer
- Management of different standards
In addition to providing authentic research references and data on the above essentials, we ensure to give you the necessary support in writing algorithms and implementing codes. Handling mathematical tools has become quite important for any researcher doing computer network projects.
MATHEMATICAL TOOLS AND TECHNIQUES FOR COMPUTER NETWORKS
What are the most commonly used mathematical tools and techniques in computer network projects?
- Decomposition techniques using Lagrangian
- Successive techniques for approximation
- Pseudo utility functions
- Algorithms for proximal approximation
- Utility functions (DC algorithms and sigmoidal like)
- Particle Swarm optimization
Get in touch with our expert team to have access to the most reliable online research guidance providers. The mathematical tools mentioned above are used in bringing out successful projects based on various present-day technologies in computer networks.
Current Technologies in Computer Networks
Let us now look into the trending computer network technologies below.
- Terrestrial, UAV, and marine communication
- Global communications based on satellite
- Automatic selection of network, storage systems, and computational methods
- Edge digital twinning
- Digital Twin and never drop monitoring
- Internet of things (bio – Nano)
- Distributed artificial intelligence applications
- Non-contact twin monitoring (twin infection source detection)
- Allocation of fog computing (privacy models)
- 5G, 6G, and beyond
- UAV in Remote holographic systems
- Integrated networks (space, air, ground, and sea)
In specific we would like to introduce a set of advanced technologies that have huge scope for future research in computer networks.
- ICIC, OFDM, and MIMO
- HetNet, Turbo Code and NOMA
- Mmwave and D2D communication
- Cloud, edge, and fog computing
- Network slicing (SDN, NFV)
- Aggregation of Carrier and Ultra-Dense Networks
- Flexibility in Structuring the Frames
- Quantum Computing and communication
- Artificial intelligence and machine learning algorithms
- Spectrum sharing based on blockchain technology
- Polar codes, LDPC, laser, and VLC
- OAM multiplexing
For all types of doubts about using the above technologies, you can contact our technical team at any time. We are well-known among researchers of the world in providing professional and custom research guidance for computer network projects. Let’s now have some understanding of sixth-generation wireless communication networks.
6G WIRELESS COMMUNICATION NETWORKS
The sixth-generation wireless communication network is projected to involve the integration of multidimensional communication in a fast and reliable manner. The major advantages of 6G communication are the very low latency amid a huge number of devices.
What are the latest technologies that enable 6G communication?
- Tetra hertz communications
- Supermassive multi input multi output technology
- Holographic beamforming or HBF
- Visible light communication or VLC
- Orbital angular momentum multiplexing or OAM multiplexing
- Large intelligent surfaces or LIS
- Quantum computing, molecular communication, blockchain technology, and the internet of things
We keep ourselves updated regarding all these essential aspects of network advancements. In this way, we can provide the most trusted research guidance to our customers. Let us now look into the various other important aspects of 6G wireless communication.
- Enabling technologies
- Network architecture and technologies involved in data transmission (air interface)
- Cloud virtual reality and automation using the internet of things
- Digital twin body area Network and so on
- Latest network paradigms
- Coverage extended across the globe in all spectra
- Ensuring higher protection in all applications
- Real-Time Applications
- Strengthened uRLLC, mMTC and eMBB
- Performance metrics
- Level of intelligence
- Latency and mobility
- The density of coverage and connection
- The efficiency of the spectrum, energy, and cost
- The capacity of traffic area
- Maximum data rate experienced by users
We are here to render you complete research support on 6th generation wireless communication networks. Our technical experts and engineers are here to make your work easier by giving you all the information regarding the latest trends in computer networking.
LATEST RESEARCH TOPICS IN COMPUTER NETWORKS FOR PHD
Let us now look into the major trending network thesis topics
- Mobility management, routing, data aggregation, and load balancing
- Reliability in failures of control
- Energy optimization, scheduling, and allocation of spectrum
- Deployment of various controllers
- Logical clustering (based on content)
- Sensors enabled by software
- Dynamic multitasking and support to different applications
- Duty cycle and traffic management (in-band control)
- Traffic and QoE prediction in wireless mesh networks
- Forecasting long term and usual mobile traffic
- Predicting cellular traffic, IP, and TCIP traffic and ensuring the patterns of Wi-Fi flow
- Predicting the features of Wi-Fi channel and super-resolution of mobile traffic
- Classification of malware, encrypted, mobile encrypted, and network traffic
Being a researcher in the field of computer networks, there is a promising future waiting for you. Due to the exponential advancements in the latest technologies, computer networks are growing complex day by day for designers while becoming an easy-to-use system for users. In this regard, the work of any researchers gains importance from the efforts they put in. Let us now have some ideas on the simulators used in computer networks.
COMPUTER NETWORKS SIMULATION TOOLS
Simulation tools are used in the analysis of network dynamics and their performance in complex processes. In addition to simulators, there are visualization tools, testbeds, emulators, and various other packages developed over time to study large networks. Today there are a lot of commercial and free simulation tools in the wireless networking field. The following is a brief description of various commonly used simulation tools for computer network projects
- DTNTES– free tool for extraction of real-time applications (DieselNet)
- GlomoSim– an open-source tool based on libraries. Layered architecture and simulation in protocols stack.
- SWANS– MANET simulation (JiST engine running)
- JiST– Discrete simulator based on java
- Pajek– it is a very popular free and non-commercial simulator for large Network visualization and analysis
- KUMONOTE– A free and non-commercial tool for analysis of Graphs and Networks. It is used for plotting degree distribution, generation of a random graph, extracting the components like giant connections, Pajek analysis for network conversion, and connectivity visualization
- MATLAB– commercial visualizing, computation, and programming tool for machine learning, signal and image processing, computer vision, design control, finance computations, and robotics.
- NS 2– Open source simulation tool which is event-centric. It is suited for transport layer protocol, routing, and application simulation
- OMNET++– Discrete platform for a simulation involving distributed, parallel, and telecommunication systems
- OPNETand Riverbed modeler – A commercial and free event simulator used in both academic and research and is a well-known tool for simulation of VoIP, MPLS, IPv6, OSPFv3, TCP, and so on.
- Ptolemy – II– it is an open-source simulator used in designing simulation and modeling of real-time embedded systems
- Adyton– It is a free simulation tool used in tracing contacts in real-time and routing protocols
- Gephi– Open source, free simulation tool used in graphical analysis which is capable of generating time-variant graphs and network slicing timeline components
- ONE– it is a very commonly used free simulator for delay tolerant network application protocols and routing simulation. Its ability to create real-world races and synthetic moment models play a key role in simulation.
- ICONE– it is a form of free and modified ONE simulator which includes named data networking capacity
- J -Sim– it is an open-source reusable extensible and independent simulator based on Java which is primarily used for simulating wireless sensor networks
- MADHOC– this free simulator tool is used in designing different environments novel schemes for mobility and applications involving MANET and delay tolerant networks
- NetMiner– it is a commercial simulation to use in transmitting data, analyzing the network statistically, and visualization
- NS 3 – network simulator 3 is an open-source simulation tool mostly suitable for modern-day internet systems
General information regarding the usage of various network simulators is now provided for your reference. Additionally, we have come up with the details of some important network mobility monitoring tools below to ease your search.
COMPUTER NETWORK SIMULATOR
As mentioned earlier, advanced tools and techniques are being revised for the analysis of computer network performance. In this respect, we need to understand the important functions of various tools in monitoring network mobility as well.
- CORSIM and TSIS
- This tool is a combination of FRESIM (freeways) and NETSIM (surface streets)
- So this tool can be used for freeways, Surface streets, and integrated network traffic simulation
- This is and commercial tool which has the capability of simulating vehicle and driver behavior
- Bonnmotion is a tool for analyzing and generating mobility scenarios using Java
- The data from the store can be transferred to simulation tools like qualnet, NS2, and GloMoSim
- The capability of model simulation includes random walk, Street and waypoint, Manhattan grid, disaster area, and reference point, group
- Toilers – Code – Base
- This tool has a large number of data on the work published with their codes and services
- It is used in modeling the simulation under Gauss – Markov, reference point group, random waypoint, random walk, and random direction
- This is one of the open-source and free tools which helps in the analysis of transport systems thus becoming a travel forecasting tool
- Hence it can be modeled to Sameer late transport systems
- It is a free and open-source tool used in analyzing modal traffic. Finding the best route, calculation of emission, importing the network, and visualization is possible using this tool
- Traffic due to vehicles and pedestrians are the circumstances that can be easily modeled for simulation using this tool
- This is an open-source graphic user interface tool that is used in the VANET simulation (by combining traffic and network simulators SUMO and NS2 respectively)
- The tool has got the capacity to model vehicular traffic simulation
- By making use of the dynamics of vehicles and user movement, the spatial environment and sequences of user trips can be simulated using this free tool
- Random waypoint, meta-mobility, and Brownian motion are the key model simulation capacities of this tool
- This tool helps in analyzing the interactions among cars and the interaction between a car and some other infrastructure as well.
- It is an open-source tool like CanuMobisim which can be used to model new real-time automatic mobility systems.
For advanced details regarding the technicalities of these simulation tools and the crucial tools and packages, you can contact our technical experts. We are always happy to help you. While using the simulators the performance of a system is analyzed based on some parameters about which we are going to discuss below.
COMPUTER NETWORK PERFORMANCE METRICS
The network performance metrics are the commonly used parameters in analyzing the network performance. The following are the important performance metrics for computer network projects.
- Packet drop ratio(ratio of note velocity and the packets dropped)
- Hop count(topology design considering the quality of service provisioning under the applications sensitive to delay)
- Time is taken to deliver the informationfrom the source to destination
- Delivery ratio(the ratio of node velocity to packet delivery under high speed)
- E2E delay(average transmission and reception time for finding delay ratio)
- Area covered under simulationwith respect to the range of network
- Load or capacity of the network(for determination of probability in successful transmission of data between the source and destination)
- CPU time(the time required for overall simulation of an algorithm and its execution)
- Control overhead(ratio between node velocity and overhead)
- Bandwidth consumption ratio(a graph of energy ratio and velocity of node)
The performance evaluation, in general, extends to evaluating the system based on the quality of service requirements and reliability. All the projects that we delivered till today in computer networks have proved to be excellent based on all the above parameters. Reach out to us to avail the most reliable and affordable computer network projects guidance.