‘Digital forensics’ represents the collection of digital investigation techniques used for crime-based applications. It is a sophisticated platform to analyze evidence in digital format for legal issues. The main aim of this technology is to examine the computer-oriented criminal activities caused by intruders/hackers on digital information through different methodologies. The investigation and evaluation techniques of the pieces of evidence should meet the reliability and sound technical practices. This page gives you more information on new advances in the Forensics research field with the latest Digital Forensics Thesis ideas and tools!!!
Due to the increased growth of digital innovations, digital forensics is currently used in all information technology and computer-aided systems. So, it grabs the attention of the majority of scholars to begin their research careers.
How do choose a good thesis idea?
Based on the current demand and research issues of digital forensics, we have collected a vast amount of Digital Forensics Thesis Ideas for current and upcoming scholars. For your information, here we have given you a few tips to select the best thesis idea for your forensics research.
- Level of Interest
- Select the interesting area which motivates you to do research
- The interested area will reduce over extra time on analyzing primary and secondary information
- So, choose your topic in your passionate area
- Level of Latest Technologies
- Make yourself aware of latest advancements in interested area
- If you have sufficient knowledge/practice on your topic then it will more useful
- Also, it reduces the effort of research work and makes the process simple
- Accessible Resources
- Make sure that your handpicked topic has more online and offline resources
- So, it helps perform complete research on your topic and make you as an expert on the interested area
Overview of Digital Forensics
With an intention to find the actual incident, digital forensic agents investigate collected event data like artifacts, footprints, fingerprints, etc. At the end of the investigation, the agent come to conclusion based on discovered evidence. Further, it also includes the following advantages,
- Forensic Science is used to inspect and improve the stored data
- Specialized to examine corporate and criminal actions
- Primary functions are data collection, detection, assessment, accessibility, etc.
How does digital forensics work?
In general, the digital forensics field primarily envisioned analyzing web-based cybercrime. Also, they are adept to collect, categorize and secure evidence from any form of corrupted/modified digital data. Further, they validate the evidence to guarantee acceptability in court. Overall, they detect the original content from collected data through advanced and reliable techniques.
Next, we can see that some classification of digital forensics. It helps you to find the important purposes of a digital forensics investigation. Our experts have more than enough skills in handling the following scenarios. Additionally, we also support you in other major use-cases of the digital forensics field.
Taxonomy of Digital Forensics
- Which are the proofs available?
- Slack, assigned, deleted, and unassigned
- What is the source of the crime?
- Email, SID, post (social and message), authentication
- Whether the fingerprints are existing?
- GPS locality data, authentication, hashing, SHA256, MD5 and SHA1
- How did the crime happen?
- IP address, metadata objects, time with date, GPS tags, authentication (social media, ISP, mail)
We hope, you understand the special purpose of digital forensics from the above classifications. In addition, we have bulletined the two primary steps involved in digital forensics.
2 Important Steps for Digital Forensics
- Acquisition– Collecting images and evidence
- Analysis – Investigation on collected data and recover the ruined data
In the above section, we have already discussed the aim of digital forensics. Now, we can see that the list of objectives in digital forensics is based on research perspectives. The scholars who wish to do research on forensic related projects are intended to achieve the following objectives through advanced technologies. Our resource team will definitely guide you in formulating novel digital forensics thesis ideas.
Objectives of Digital Forensics
- Minimization and Prevention of Interferences
- Enhancement of Forensic Evidence Worth
- Secure Information Management against Attacks
- Reduce Cost of Employing Forensic Enquiry
For more simplicity, here we have given you the lifecycle of digital forensics in terms of data collection, data analysis, and evidence acquirements with their processes. These are lifecycle classifications that are common for all digital forensic projects. In the case of requirements, more steps will be included for improvement. We are ready to assist you in all types of forensics applications regardless of complexity.
Lifecycle of Digital Forensics
- Data Collection
- Separate the required area
- Collect the reliable data
- Pack and label the collected data
- Construct the protection shield over packed data
- Data Analysis
- Detect and extract the essential features (recognize the people /place and associate location)
- Filter the optimal features (reconstruct the scene/incident)
- Prepare the report
- Evidence Acquirement
- Write the report with the attachment of evidence
- Generate the hash for protection
Our resource team is well-practiced in both real-time and non-real-time applications to support you in every aspect of research and development. Our primary motive is to give you up-to-date Digital Forensics Thesis Ideas. So, we regularly collect the latest research issues by referring to several online and offline research materials. From our current collection, here we have listed a few ongoing research challenges of digital forensic.
Research Challenges of Digital Forensics
- Lack of security over evidence (high susceptibility)
- Heterogeneity in software, hardware, and network
- Run-time network variation (insufficient logging and blurred network edge)
- Pervasive sensing of large data / evidence from multiple sources
- Complicated communication and accountability in automated execution
- Resource-constrained devices like low battery, low power usage, low existence time
Furthermore, we have also listed the list of future research directions of the digital forensics field. Since today’s research areas will be tomorrow’s research foundations. We assure you all these below specified research notions have long-lasting future scope for further studies. For more details on both current and future generation research on digital forensics, communicate with our team.
Top 9 Interesting Digital Forensics Thesis Ideas
- DNA Matching and Analysis System
- Forensics on Computerized System
- Scientific Identification of End User Type
- Mobile Device Forensic Data Authentication and Analysis
- Forensics based Data Recovery from Database
- Biometrics based User Authentication (Fingerprint / Iris)
- Forensic Principles for Federal, Corporate and Government Sectors
- GPS based Mobile Device Geographic Location Detection
- Forensics Investigation on Network Data
In addition, we have itemized the significant methodologies involved in both forensic and anti-forensic studies. All these methodologies are considered as best result-yielding techniques based on our experience. More than these methodologies, we also support you in other growing technologies of digital forensics. Now, we are currently working on hybrid technologies to elevate the research worth to the next level for our handhold scholars.
Digital Forensics Techniques and Methods
- Anti-Forensic Strategies
- Secure wiping
- Information (forgery, hiding, and obfuscation)
- Forensic Analysis Strategies
- Artificial Intelligence
- Data Mining Methods
- Blockchain Security
- Homomorphic Encryption
- Block Signature (Matching)
- Secure Hashing Technique
- Ultra-Lightweight Cryptography
- Deep Learning and Machine learning algorithms
For the benefit of active scholars, here we have listed the top 5 innovative Digital Forensics Thesis Ideas. This helps you to identify the current research directions of the forensic field in a digital society.
Top 5 Digital Forensics Research Ideas
- Interrogation and Extraction of Evidence
- Efficient Design of Correlation Frameworks
- Evidence Recovery or eDiscovery
- Experimental Analysis on Evidence Logs
- Evidence Graphs and Finite State Construction
- And others
Moreover, we also included the latest digital forensics research topics from top-demanding research areas of the digital forensic field. If you are looking for innovative digital forensic project topics from your interested area then approach us. We will let you know about upcoming improvements.
Latest Digital Forensics Research Topics
- Security of Cyber-Physical System
- Fast Attainment of Physical Memory
- Advance Inspection of Fraudulent Digital Activities
- Cyber Crime Inquiry and Reporting
- Identity Access Management and Verification
- Spontaneous Incident Response System Maintenance
- And many more
Once you select the research topic with appropriate solutions, the next vital step is development tool selection. For the digital forensic field, there are numerous commercial and non-commercial tools have developed. Now, we are going to see about a few widely used tools and technologies among them. Since forensic analysis is a challenging task to perform in a real environment. So, it is essential to choose the apt implementation tool for evidence collection, mitigation, and investigation.
Simulation Tools for Digital Forensics
Digital forensics plays a vital role in proving and disproving the digital evidence of cyber-crime. Here, we have given you a list of popular digital forensic tools with their supporting platforms and purposes.
- Scripting Language (code, debug and execute)
- Embed with any IDE for programming
- Purpose – Support Forensics and Cybersecurity Applications with Penetration Test
- Network Packet Analyzer Tool
- Purpose – Monitor and Examine Network related activities
- Computer-Aided Investigative Environment
- Platform – Linux
- Purpose – Perform all Digital Forensics Operations
- Framework for memory-related forensics
- Filter the digital information from RAM
- Purpose – Malware Detection / Analysis and Incident Response
- Network Miner
- Analyzer Software for network forensic
- Platform – MAC OS, Linux, Windows,
- Purpose – Identification of host, OS, open ports, sessions, and open ports by PCAP file/packet sniffing
- Software for memory-related forensics and reverse engineering
- Purpose – Investigation of Volatile Memory
- X-Ways Forensics
- Enhanced Forensics Framework
- Platform – Windows
- Purpose – Operate will all Forensics Investigation
- Stands for Network Mapper which is an Open-source software
- Platform – MAC OS, Linux, Windows, HP-UX, Solaris, etc.
- Purpose – Auditing of Network Security
- Bulk Extractor
- Computer-based forensics software
- Examine files, folders, and disk image
- Purpose – Data Extraction (Private information, ZIP files, URLs, etc.
- SANS Investigative Forensics Toolkit
- Shortly abbreviated as SIFT
- Versatile Forensic Operating System (OS)
- Platform -Ubuntu
- Purpose – Comprised of several tools especially for Digital Forensics
For your digital forensic project, we can support installation and execution steps. The installation steps for the python programming language are mentioned below.
Installation of Python for Digital Forensics Projects
- Package supported in Python
- Purpose – Constructing digital forensics applications
- Some bottlenecks will slightly be renewed into C-based module
- Installation Requirement:
- Python Version 3.1
- Installation Command
- $pip install libforensics
Next, we can see about the other research ideas that are waiting to create an incredibly positive impact on digital forensics. These ideas surely make stand one step forward among your competitors. Just for your references here, we have given only a few and beyond these ideas, we have an abundant amount of innovations based on new developments.
Latest Digital Forensics Thesis Ideas
Forensics in Cyber System
- Face Matching and Analysis
- Privacy and Security for Mobile Crowdsourcing
- Insider and Outsider Threats Control in Cyber System
- Watermarking and Digital Audio Signature
- Data Auditing and Assurance in Distributed System
- Proxy Re-Authentication and Confidentiality in Source Location
- Forensics in Social Networks
- Geographical Location Substantiation
- Fake Post Source Identification and Fact-Inspection
- Detection and Prevention of Spoofing Attacks
- Enhancing Reliability on Live Investigation
- Malware Identification in Web-based Social-Media
- Forensics in Cloud-based Networking
- Design of Attack and Intrusion
- Improvement of Policy and Trust
- Digital Evidences Detection and Recovery
- Forensics in Biometrics
- Side Channel Attack Prevention
- Multimodal and Soft Biometrics
- Behavioral and Audiovisual Biometrics
- Detection of Smart Device and Anonymity
- Steganography and Surveillance
- Pattern, Imprint, Feature Identical Detection
Overall, we ensure that we provide fine-tuned services at every stage of your research journey. We have guided numerous research scholars in crafting innovative digital forensics thesis ideas. Once you make a bond with us, we will take whole responsibilities of your research and assist you from interested area identification to empirical result investigation. In other words, we will be with you throughout the whole journey of research.