We write the literature review to showcase the research work or the PhD work in a summary. Literature review or the literature survey is the largest work of the study that contains the elaborate details of all the related work of the particular field of study.
Literature review alone is enough to justify or to show the in depth knowledge of the entire review and so it gives answers to many readers of our research works. Literature review will provide the detailed study of our work to other researchers in the field of study.
We have to read various resource information’s for our research topic and then we should make notes for the important data while reading itself and we can use our collected data for the further literature review writing.
Then after categorizing the data we have to split the data based on the recent years of study and highlight the essential information for paraphrasing the literature review summary.
We can write Literature review using the following steps:
Step: 1 explain scope of our research
- Our literature review should define the important concept of our research and gives the relevant answers for the questions that arise in the minds of other researchers in the same specific field.
- We should bring out the list of available recent year research journals that are necessary for the research study.
- The other researchers who are going through our research work will be able to get the required data by going through our research work completely instead of going through all other resources.
Step: 2 identify the suitable research paper
- We have to search a lot of research papers broadly and find the needed important research papers.
- Other platforms that are easily making available the required research papers are referring the Sci and Scopus for finding the Journal Articles and by referring the Dissertations.
- We should frame the accurate information that will be helpful for the tracking of our research work at any instant.
We can use the Citation searching to track and to know how the scholars interact, built the research with the previous research data.
- We can go through several cited sections for getting the relevant information’s and for getting additional information’s for each source data.
- We can use the Google Scholar and Sodhganga to find out the individual work in the single field of study.
Step: 3 analyses the Literature critically
- We should be very careful while collecting and framing the Literature review because the key note of our Literature review is the critical analysis of the information’s mentioned in the research paper.
- All our collected data from the research papers should be similar to our research topic.
- By analysis all the gathered data we can explore more of identical relationships, themes and also find out the critical gaps in the expressed research work.
- We have to read and summarize gathered information by indicating the analysis authority, coverage, methodology, and relating to other works.
Step: 4 categorize our resources
- We can divide the available research papers that are essential to our research work as some specific categories by highlighting and reflecting their roles in addressing our main idea of research question.
- There are certain possible ways to categorize the resources and that is done by grouping the resources based on the organization names:
- Based on Chronology
- Based on the Various theme
- Based on the Methodology
- Based on the Theoretical or the Philosophical approach
- Unless grouping all the required information’s based on the category we have to still collect the information’s from the research papers.
- We should explain the strength and weakness of the gathered data from the research papers.
- We have to compare the collected data with other similar data we can analyze the gap that has to be discussed.
- We can achieve getting relevant data by using the multiple databases and to gather variety of perspective on the needed resources.
Establish the focus and purpose of writing introduction.
If we are writing the literature review as part of our research work we can reiterate our central problem or the central key term to specifically iterate the central course problem and frame the elaborate summary of the scholarly context.
We can emphasize and focus on the important data of the topic based on our recent study and then highlight the yearly gap in the research considerations.
Tips to frame main content of the literature review:
- Based on the length of our literature review gathered content, we may divide the main content of the literature review into several subheadings for each of the theme, time period or as the methodological approach.
- We can summarize and then synthesize to give an overview for the main and strong points for each source in order to combine them to correlate as whole summary.
- We can generally analyze and interpret the available source of information by doing the paraphrase of the resources.
- By adding up our own findings through the possibilities of discussions we can enrich the content of our literature review.
- In many cases, reviewers of the literature will have published studies relevant to the review they are writing. Sometimes there arise the conflicts that how come the author he himself can give the review for his research work.
- So for that we can write our own findings and properly attach the essential referred papers as the proofs for our work.
- By attaching the essential proof we can give strong clarity for the researchers and we can also stay correct in our process properly without giving just like that information’s without having the proper proofs.
- We have to be conscious of not mentioning the information’s of the public relations brochure not just mentioning our own data without proper proof. So we should not as it is mention the data of the previous works.
- By doing the evaluation we can segregate the needed strong resources and unwanted weak resources. So that we can strongly mention the important information.
- We can summarize in the very well-structured paragraph by using the transition words and topics of sentences to draw the connections, comparisons and contrasts.