Data Communication is referred to as the sharing of data between two or more devices through the communications medium which can be either wired or wireless. For instance: many devices are interlinked together to transform data through an internet connection. For that, it uses Wi-Fi as communication technology to establish wireless data transmission among source and destination. Most importantly, we strictly update our skills on recent research to provide creative and up-to-date research ideas for Data Communication and Networking Projects.
Moreover, data communication and networking joined together to enhance regular communication activities like data exchange and storing. In this, it offers fast data transmission among different network nodes. Further, this data can be of anything like image, video, etc. Our research team is built with well-experienced technical professionals who gain strong practice in fundamentals and emerging technologies.
This page makes you clear in the Data Communication and Networking
With their interesting research areas in data communication and networking projects!!!
What is a Network?
As a matter of fact, the main purpose of creating a network is to launch communication among connected devices. In context, the nodes are coupled together to form a network and enable nodes to talk with each other. Initially, the nodes are fairly connected with a dedicated wired channel and allow speaking in a common language (i.e., protocol). Then, it gradually developed into the wireless transmission. For that, it uses electromagnetic waves, radio waves, IR, etc. Next, we can see about the purpose of using the network traffic model below,
Need of Network Traffic Model
- For designing and examining network protocols (For example fairness, security, throughput, etc.)
- For improving network performance metrics (For example bandwidth, queue size, etc.)
- For verifying the modeled network in simulation (For example efficiency, scalability, etc.)
How does data communication work?
Usually, the data is divided into multiple packets. In each packet, it encloses the source and destination addresses in the header. Once, the packet is dispatched from the source, it reaches the switch. Then, the switch checks the destination for further packet forwarding process. If the switch identifies the destination, then it directly forwards the packets otherwise it forwards the packets to the rest of all the devices (i.e., except source) for identifying the actual destination.
Now, we can see the key entities of the network for performing data communication. Here, we have specified the unique role and purpose of each entity. Without these entities, one cannot perform data communication.
What are the components of Data Communication?
- It links the set of computing devices to forward the data to respective ports
- Also, it analyzes the connectivity of the device to identify the specific port in heavy traffic
- It enables the user to communicate with users of the different networks (network-to-network communication)
- The intersection point of multiple devices
- Distribute the data to multiple ports
- It is the set of instructions to be followed while transmission of data. In other words, it is said to be the contract between source and destination devices for communication.
- By the by, without protocol one can establish the connection between devices but not communication.
- For instance: it is similar to the language barrier between two different countries.
- Select the optimal path and distribute the data to the respective destination
What are the 4 fundamental characteristics of data communication?
Next, we can see how the quality of data communication is evaluated. Generally, there are four important features that are intended to analyze the performance of the data communication model. And they are given in the followings,
- Accuracy – The destination device must receive the unaltered original message. In specific, it represents the accuracy of the data which means truthful data.
- Delivery – From the source, the data need to be transferred only to the destination. Since the destination user only has the right to access those data in that specific device.
- Jitter – Destination device must receive the data without any variation in the delay. Since the uneven delay of packets results in poor quality of data. For instance: if the video packets are transmitted in the interval of 3D ms, then it should be followed throughout the video delivery. If in the middle of a transmission, it follows 4D ms then it is referred to as uneven delay.
- Timeliness – The destination device must receive the data at the correct time. Since the data received after more delay is completely unusable for the receiver. For instance: In real-time services, the generated data in source and destination must be in the same order without latency.
Types of Data Communication Networks
Normally, the nodes in the network are either static (fixed) or dynamic (moving) in nature. And these static and dynamic type nodes are further classified into the following categories,
- Intermittently Linked
- Continuously Linked
- Largely Linked
- Occasionally Linked
- Opportunistic Network (Vehicular Networks)
- Space Communication (Inter-planetary Internet)
- Terrestrial Communication (Data Mules)
In addition, we have the fundamental types of data communication. One should have prior knowledge of all these types before getting into an in-depth analysis of the data communication and networking field.
What Are the Types of Data Communication?
- In this, it splits the data into multiple pieces and sends them in the form of bits in the communication channel. At a time, it forwards only one bit in the channel to the receiver. Then, the receiver gathers the bits and reassembles them to get the original source message.
- Half Duplex
- It is defined as two-way communication but it is partially accepted. Since, if the sender transmits the data to the destination, then the receiver remains paused until the transmitted packets get arrived. Once, the packets are received then the receiver can transmit their own packets to the sender. In simple words, only one transmission is allowed at a time and if attempts are simultaneous then both will fail.
- It is defined as one-way communication where the sender only transmits the data to the destination. The receiver receives the delivered source message at the destination point.
- Full Duplex
- It is defined as two-way communication but it is fully accepted. Since, if the sender transmits the data to the destination, then the receiver need not remain paused until the transmitted packets get arrived. Instead, both sender and receiver can transmit the data simultaneously without collision. This is because it combines both forwarder and receiver channels together.
So far, we have debated on the network, network traffic model, working process, components, characteristics, and types of data communication. Now, our research team has shared a few popular research issues which provide more research ideas for Data Communication and Networking projects.
Limitations of Data Communication and Networking
- Privacy issues and DoS attack
- Resource Provisioning (Power)
- Task and Resource Allocation
- Topology and Data Communication Development
- Relay Selection and Traffic Control
- Sensing Coverage
- Target, Barrier, and Area Coverage
- Other Issues
- High Service Utility
- Defective Sensor Identification
- Pervasive Monitoring
In addition, we have also given the commonly used techniques and algorithms for major issues of data communication and networking. More than these techniques, we also support other emerging technologies. Further, our experts are intellectual in suggesting appropriate problem-solving solutions.
What are the techniques used for data communication and networking projects?
- Multi-Agent Models
- Evolutionary Methods
- Intrusion Detection System (IDS)
- Enhanced Machine Learning Algorithms
- Intrusion Prevention System (IPS)
- Multimedia and Optimization Approaches
- Hypothetical Learning of Data
What are the Criteria for the best Data Communication Network?
Next, we can see the list of primary criteria to improve the data communication in the network in the following. Since criteria deserve more attention in designing the networking model for trustable communication.
- It computes the time required to transmit data from source to destination. Further, it also computes the time required to wait from the query time for receiving a response. In other words, we can say transmission time and response time.
- Additionally, it also depends on other features such as medium type, software performance, hardware abilities, etc.
- It represents the fault tolerance capabilities of the network model.
- For more clarity, it measures the time required to recover from system/link failure.
- In specific, it is computed by failure rate/frequency
- It is the most important factor among others.
- The network model needs to assure the security of the data while transmitting between source and destination.
- Since the unauthorized person should not access the data for any malicious activities such as manipulation or deletion
Our research team is highly intended to give up-to-date research ideas from current research areas. For that, we build the habit of frequently referring to recent articles, magazines, and reputed journals to make ourselves touch with growing technologies. From this practice, here we have spotted out few most significant research areas in both data communication and networking projects.
Research Areas on Data Communication
- Data Communication Technologies
- Multi-Carrier Modulation
- Optical and Satellite Communication
- Signal, Video, and Image Processing
- Telemetry & Tele Command Systems
- Airborne Vehicular Networks
- Millimeter-Wave, MIMO, and Microwave Technology
- Ultra-Wide Band Models
- Cryptography and Coding Techniques
- Telecommunication Management
- Multi-Antenna Modeling in Wireless Networks
- Cognitive Radio Design and Spectrum Management
- Underwater and Underground Communication
- Data Communication and Computer Networking
- Future Networks
- Wireless Adhoc Network
- Network Security and Mobile Computing
- Advanced Computer Network
- Wireless LAN and Multimedia Systems
- Optical and Mobile Networks
- Ultra-Speed Network-based Applications
From the above areas, our experts have collected unlimited thought-provoking ideas. Currently, we are working on numerous innovative data communication and networking projects. Some of them are itemized here for your reference.
Latest Topics on Data Communication
- Enhanced Data Compressive Quantization in Cloud-RAN
- NDN based Data Broadcasting Control in VANET
- Resource Allocation for Fog and Cloud-based RAN
- Secure Collaboration of IoT and MANET
- Secure 5G enabled Radio Access Network Slicing and Handoff
- Energy-Aware Multimedia Streaming in WSN
- Artificial Intelligence-based IoT-Sensed Data Clustering and Routing
- Routing Protocol Modifications for 6TiSCH based Industrial IoT
- SDN-NFV based Network Traffic Control and Service Orchestration
Simulation Tools for Data Communication
In data communication, modeling the network is a more tricky process in comparison to other processes. Since the developer needs to meet user requirements by means of capabilities and cost. As a matter of fact, there are numerous network simulation tools with different functionalities which are classified under any of the following types.
- Topology Generation Tools – Design both small and large-scale networks in different scenarios and techniques
- Simulation Tools – In addition to modeling, simulate the network to compute run-time behaviors. For instance: connectivity failure, TCP protocol, etc.
- Topology Discovery Tools – Analyze the data of the existing model network and record the finding either text or graphical format
- Analytical Tools – Model the network and compute various key factors of the network. For instance: reliability, scalability, etc.
In addition, we have also given the latest tools and technologies of data communication and networking projects which are more suitable for current developed technologies. Also, these tools are furnished with sophisticated libraries and toolboxes which help to produce the expected results.
Data Communication and Networking Simulation Tools
- OPNET– Able to simulate various protocols and analyze performance with respect to utilization and delay
- Platform– X Windows
- NS2 – Enable to simulate of different network protocols
- Platform– Linux
- NetSim – Measure the network simulation in terms of no. of. Packets, transmission rate, throughput, load, actual bit rate, queuing latency, etc.
- Platform– Windows
- ATM-TN – Used to model different ATM network scenarios at different configurations
- Platform– Unix
- MaRS – Analyze the network model by means of throughput, event updated / periodic statistics, jitter, hop count, delay, dropped packets, no. of. trace files, etc.
- Platform– Windows and Unix
- REAL – Assess the statics related to no. of. (packets dropped, received, transmitted), queuing delay, etc.
- Platform– Unix
- MATLAB – Support complex mathematical and matrix operations for simulating signal, modeling communication, processing image, etc.
- Platform– Windows
- GloMoSim – Enable to model and virtualize different wireless networks
- Platform– Unix and Windows
Once the research and development of the study are completed, then the next phase is project documentation. This is the best way to transform the effort of research activities into words. Also, it helps your followers to trace your research journey path for their research developments.
Overview of Project Documentation
- Introduction – Describe the research aim, objectives, needs, and background information
- Literature Study – Discuss the deep analysis of the recent related research papers and point out the merits and demerits
- Methods – Elaborate in what way the proposed problem is solved and mention the used techniques and algorithms in detail
- Analysis – Present the used mathematical formulas and equations for conceptual prediction
- Overview and Conclusion – Summarize the research objective, aim, solutions and findings. Then, suggest the future research directions for further study
Overall, we have individual teams for research, code execution, and manuscript writing to support you in all aspects of the study of data communication and networking projects. We assure you that our experts will give you the best services in all these phases to satisfy your needs.