RPL protocol is raised as an IPv6 routing protocol to define the data transmission path for forwarding the requested information to the user. By the by, it was launched by the IETF ROLL committee to satisfy the requests of a low-power and lossy network (LLN). In other words, the RPL protocol is said to be a routing protocol distance vector. As a matter of fact, it provides an improved solution for the multiple point-to-point traffic. On this page, the PhD scholars can get info on novel research developments in recent RPL Protocol exploration!!!
How does the RPL protocol work?
In general, RPL protocol manages the tree-shaped Destination-Oriented Graph (DAG) network topology which is comprised of one or more Destination-Oriented Directed Acyclic Graphs (DODAG). As a result, the RPL protocol interchanges the root and distance vector information with a controller to construct the DODAG network structure for routing.
Research Issues in RPL Protocol
As a matter of fact, RPL protocol is evolving as an all-inclusive routing solution to common wireless sensor networks (WSN), Internet of Things (IoT), and Mobile-to-Mobile (M2M). So, it offers numerous RPL Project ideas to start the RPL Protocol Research Proposal. Even though it incorporated several areas, there are still challenges that exist which are stated as follows,
- Security Issues – While developing the RPL protocol, security turned out to be a serious problem. Here, the LLNs need steady connection preservation and minimum energy utilization more than the usual network condition. Then these constraints are likely to have a great effect on the operative security strategy design.
- Cross-layer Issue – The growing packet payload size will affect the data transmission performance such as high energy utilization, poor packets delivery ratio, and high network delay
- Energy Issue – In broad range LLNs, energy consumption seeks major concern rather than others. Here, equalizing the energy usage gains more attention than energy harvesting in the network. Also, network flexibility, networks diversity, and nodes variation cause major influences on energy consumption.
- Storage Limitation – In extensive-ranging routing, storage control is a giant issue still facing today. In downward routing, both the non-storing and storing modes enlarge the size of the network. On the one hand, the storing mode will bring up great resource utilization. And on the other hand, the non-storing mode will present a high communication overhead. The main issue here is to identify a stable solution by means of mixing both models to minimize the memory overhead threat and enhance the node capacity consumption.
- Transmission Mode – In RPL routing traffic type, MP2P is used for the upward routine which is executed by DIO. Similarly, P2P and P2MP are used for the downward routine which is executed by DAO but not exactly cleared
- Diversification of OFs – In traffic routing, traffic load management along with multicast traffic or designing new parent switching can enable the network free from high load and extend the durability. Mobile RPL produces dynamic topology variation and communication failures. As well as, it gives an answer to the question of “how to respond to a fast alteration of preferred parent” which affects the network consistency and steadiness. Here, the OFs are essential to fulfill the features of application scenarios.
While looking for the best RPL Protocol Research Proposal, one must be aware of the route attacks. Since these attacks may take advantage of the weaker points of RPL Protocols. Our experts are ready to assist you to overcome these kinds of issues through appropriate mechanisms or algorithms. In the case of complicated problems, we are proficient enough to create our own protocols or pseudo-code in order to tackle the issues.
What is Routing Attacks?
- Neighbor Attack
- Feature – Operate the Control Information to mislead the Nearby Nodes
- Impact – Fake and Ineffective Routing, Wastage of Network Resources
- Routing Choice Attack
- Feature – Select Poor Data Transmission Path
- Impact –Unused or Surplus Routing Resources and Routing Failure
- Local Repair Attack
- Feature – Transfer Local Repair Information in early or late
- Impact – Frequent use of Routing Resources and Miscarriage in Forwarding Packets
- Rank Attack
- Features – Elect least desired node as a parent node
- Impact –Repeating Same Process in Loop or Terminate Routing
- Distance Spoofing Attack
- Feature – Routing Traffic to a Node Adjacent to the Sink
- Impact – Destroy routing and unwanted computation resources
- Sinkhole Attack
- Feature – Route Network Traffic to the Node make up to be Usable Sink
- Impact –Irregular Topology and Inadequate Data Sharing Path Selection
Next, our experts have suggested a few most frequently used solutions (mechanisms) for solving RPL protocol questions or problems. More than this, there are vast numbers of technologies available to develop RPL Protocol Research Proposal.
Research Methods for RPL Protocol Routing
- Packet Segmentation
- Prediction of Battery Lifetime
- Management of Local Trust
- Dynamic Duty-cyclic Method
- Congestion Detection Factor
- Throughput Computation for End-to-End Path
- Data Transmission Approach (Opportunistic, Back Pressure, Load Balanced, Multi-Gateway)
Further, if you need to know more interesting facts about this RPL Protocol field, then make a bond with us. We let you be familiar with current research trends evolving in this area, formulate Novel RPL Protocol Research Proposal with us.