Cloud computing is a fast-growing technology for serving people who are requesting web-based computing services to satisfy their own or company needs. It is a distributed platform where the provider provisioning sharing resources such as network, database, software, VM, PM, etc. As a result, it becomes a one-stop solution to access any kind of resource with greater performance, efficiency, and computing power. We offer best research guidance for PhD/MS scholars to identify thought-provoking Cloud Computing Research Topics.
What can be done using Cloud Computing?
- Evaluate the resource allocating approaches based on QoS needs to choose the optimal one
- Minimize the cost by reserving the necessary resources in earlier
- Enhance the performance by efficiently balancing the workloads and resource
- Efficient resource provisioning in terms of workloads types such as heterogeneous and homogenous
Though cloud computing attains vast developments, still needs higher load balancing, scalability, and security. To support you, we have listed out a few new research dimensions of the cloud to have an idea about current cloud computing research areas.
- Easy to develop the secure cloud application and service with an assurance of scalability and reliability
- Support on-demand self-service along with cloud hosting facility
- Primary characteristics of cloud computing include high performance, agile, measured service, high productivity, affordability, fast elasticity, location, and device independency
- Support large-scale resource sharing and network access
- Offer Multi-tenancy to achieve efficient resource consumption and load capacity in large-scale
- Cloud platforms – Solaris, CentOS Linux, Windows, MAC OS X, Ubuntu Linux, and SUSE Linux
- Cloud environment simulation tools – Clousim, Green Cloud Simulator, and iCancloud
- Programming languages – Python, Asp.net, XML, Ruby, Java, and SQL
In addition, we have also bulletined the latest cloud computing research ideas that gains significant attention in the research community. Also, we assure you that the below ideas are innovative to create a good impact to publish research work in top cloud computing journals list and contribution in the cloud computing field.
Cloud computing-based research topics
- Out Sourced Data Integrity Assurance
- Secure Cloud cryptography for Architecture
- Cloud Computing Virtualization
- Secure Cloud Data Center Maintenance
- Security in Resource Virtualization
- Cloud Data Security, Privacy and Integrity
- Multi-tenant Cloud Security and Privacy
- Cloud Auditing Services and Availability
- Dynamic and Adaptive Load balancing in Cloud
- Trust and Verifiable Computing Technology
- Optimization of Scheduling and Resource
- Security and Privacy Issues in Protocol Design
- Access Control and Key Management in Cloud
- Failure Prediction, Detection, and Management
- Secure Mobile Cloud Computation Challenges
- Runtime Power and Energy Optimization in Cloud
- Data Segregation, Backup and Recovery Issues in cloud
Certainly, cloud computing enables evolving scholars to do remarkable research work in cloud computing. Since cloud computing provides a standard platform for maintaining and storing huge databases over virtual servers which enable real-time access. Thus a PhD acts as the medium to support advanced research and development in cloud services.
Uses of Cloud Computing
- Data Analytics – Cloud technology is used not only to store the data but also to analyze the data for observing and extracting the customer activities
- Storage – Stores the information in on/off-premises which enable the user to access from a remote location through web-based services
- Testing and Development – Software developers can build, test and deploy their applications
- Backup – Furnished with backup and recovery support in the case of data/system uncertainties. So, the data in cloud always be secured through hi-tech technologies like blockchain
Cloud computing is a vast field with so many Cloud Computing Research Topics. In specific, cloud computing is composed of an infinite number of research areas to support you in all aspects. So, the master students/scholars can make use of this wonderful opportunity to undergo their research/project work. For your knowledge, here we have listed out some interesting research topics in cloud computing that suits for thesis and research,
Cloud Computing Research Topics List
- Cryptography Techniques for Cloud Security
- Cloud Data Protection
- Cloud Computing Resource Provisioning
- Cloud Service Deployment Model
- Green Cloud Computing and Sustainability
- Hybrid Cloud Computing Platforms and Solutions
Resource Provisioning in Cloud Computing
Resource Provisioning is the process of managing software (development, selection, and deployment) and hardware resources (network, CPU, and storage) along with database server management systems. As a result, it assures to provide guarantee the overall application/service performance. Below, we have given the different Resource Provisioning Mechanisms for your awareness.
How many types of resource provisioning are available?
- SLA based RPM
- Time-based RPM
- Adaptive based RPM
- QoS based RPM
- Energy-based RPM
- Cost-based RPM
- Rule-based RPM
- Optimization-based RPM
- Dynamic RPM
- Bargaining based RPM
- Nature / Bio-Inspired based RPM
- Compromised Cost Time based RPM
What is the need for QoS based Resource Provisioning?
The most challenging area in cloud computing is achieving Quality of Service (QoS) in cloud-based systems. Also, it matters system performance, service availability, resource provisioning, and reliability.
QoS based RPM
- QoS Parameter – Resource Utilization, Scalability, Energy, Availability, Security, and Reliability
- Application – Scientific and Elastic
The cloud service providers need to reasonably distribute their services to users. Though it has many real-time challenges, on the other side it has numerous advantages in cloud resource distribution. Some of them are given as follows for your references,
- Assure the fault-tolerant node in the case of sudden failure over heterogeneous services
- Minimize the workload completion time will increase resource allocation efficiency
- Decrease the power usage without SLA violation
- Efficient load balancing is achieved through efficient workload delivery on available resources
- Optimum resource control does not cause resource failure, latency, and VM startup delay
- In parallel, reduce the workflow makespan and expand the workflow robustness
- Enhance the user deadline violation rate because of the allocation of its resources in advance of resource scheduling
- Effective resource provisioning will lead to high profit and low budget expenses, Also, it decreases the workload queue time
- Manage the demand variation by reducing carbon footprints to obtain dynamic scalability
- Effective priority-based resource allocation and consumption will prevent resource overflow and underflow
Cloud computing systems have the special capability to support elastic and data-intensive applications by satisfying their requirements. For instance, in elastic applications, it is easy to add or remove the resources dynamically to control resource overflow/underflow. Here, we have the list of QoS metrics that are under consideration in resource provisioning.
- Energy – Amount of energy used in the time of workload processing and execution
- Scalability – Support any number of resources or users in runtime without affecting the system performance and outcome
- Reliability – Assure the system steadiness with predefined objectives
- Security – Protect the cloud data using any cryptographic techniques (encryption and decryption)
- Availability – Ensure the readiness of the resources, service, and data even in fatal condition
Our developers have suggested some important simulation tools that are widely used in the implementation of Cloud Computing research Topics. Also, it is used to model and test the various layers of the distributed cloud environment. For instance: Cloud Reports, Green Cloud, CloudSim, Cloudsched, and Cloud Analyst.
In the development phase, when the handpicked methodologies are applied successfully, then the overall performance of the system should be assessed to find out the system efficiency. For your benefit, we have included some parameters commonly used in the cloud system evaluation process.
Cloud Computing Performance Metrics
- Time – Time is taken for project completion with good quality
- Parameters: Computation and Communication Time
- Communication – data sharing among internal/external users and cloud
- Parameters: MPI Transfer Latency, Frequency of Packet Loss, MPI Transfer bit/byte Speed and Connection Error Rate
- Computation – processing task or computing data in the cloud system
- Parameters: Instance Efficiency (% CPU peak), Benchmark OP (FLOP) Rate and CPU Load (%),
- Memory – Temporary data storage (slow-accessed hard disk drive)
- Parameters: Random Memory Update Rate, Mean Hit time (s), Response Time (ms), and Memory bit/byte Speed (MB/s, GB/s)
Overall, we are glad to inform you that we will give end-to-end support in developing cloud computing research topics with an assurance of top-quality results.