Solar energy is denoted as the radiant heat and light from the sun and that is connected through ever-progressing technologies including
- Artificial photosynthesis
- Molten salt power plants
- Solar architecture
- Solar thermal energy
- Solar heating
In addition, solar energy is required for the source of renewable energy and the technologies based on renewable energy with features in both active solar and passive solar that is capable to allocate solar energy for the conversion of solar power. Now, let’s have a look at the PhD research topics in solar energy which are contemporarily ruling the solar energy research platform.
Introduction to Solar Energy
In general, solar energy includes various types of energy that I created through the sun and nuclear fusion which is occurred in sun. It includes research based on both the concentrating solar power and photovoltaic energy technologies for the reduced cost in the manufacturing process, innovates the various methods to create, and the energy storage that is captured from the sun. The following is a detailed description of the functions of solar energy as highlights.
- It is capable of covert normal energy to usable energy, for instance, electricity
- Connected through the solar collection methods that include the solar cells
- Clan and the renewable source of energy
- Energy is created through the sun
How does it work?
During the sun shines towards the solar panel, the energy from the sunlight is captivated through the PV cells in the panel. It is used to generate the electrical charges to precede the internal electrical field in the cell due to the cause of electricity through the PV panels.
The mirrors are deployed to concentrate and reflect the sunlight towards the receivers and that is used to collect the solar energy and convert it as heat energy for the utilization of electricity production and in massive power plants.
Components in Solar Energy
- Array cleaning equipment
- Purified water sprays (82°C at 100 PSI) – 7.51 m
- Instrumentation and data recording equipment
- Magnetic tape
- Hp 3052 data acquisition system
- Hp 9845 computer
- Uninterruptible power supply (UPS)
- 0 kVA
- 10 kW power supply at 300 V (DC)
- 110 vac inverters (two units)
- Control Equipment
- Manual and automatic operation with HP 9845 computer
- 600 V (DC)
- 110 vac
- 480 vac
- 3 MVA (two 1500 kVA units)
- 800 vac
- Diesel generator
- 1 MW (four 250 kW units)
- 480 vacs three phase
- 300 kVA
- Battery auxiliary charger
- 200 A for offline maintenance
- 300 V (DC)
- 60 kW
- Rated capacity of 1.6 MWh (each cell 1700 Ah)
- Four lead acid batteries (each with 120 cells in series)
- Desert climate about 15–45°C ambient air temperature
- PV array cooling
- PV array field
- Plastic housing
- Fresnel lenses (quad)
- 160 sun-tracking electronic and drive mechanisms
- 40, 940 circular silicon (Cz) cells (5.7 cm diameter)
- 160 concentrator arrays (12.1 m×2.7 m) with 64 parallel strings of 640 cells in series
Straight away, let us discuss the substantial research applications in the solar energy system in the following. Our research experts have highlighted the list of real-time applications for your reference.
Notable Applications in Solar Energy
- Concentrating solar power systems
- Electricity through a solar photovoltaic system
- Sun energy to provide hot water through solar thermal systems
At present, we can see the issues from different sources in the solar energy system. Thus, our research experts provide better research solutions for all such research challenges mentioned below.
Research Challenges in Solar Energy
- Energy consumption
- Microgrid issues
- Substation automation issue
- Electronic system integration issues
- Integration of RE and DG into the electric power grid
- Frequency Control issues
- Power quality issues
Research Solution for Solar Energy
- Improved current feedback based maximum power point tracking controller
- The current feedback is enhanced through the technique namely maximum power point tracking along with the proportional integral derivative (PID) type controller
Types of Solar Energy
- Off-grid solar power systems
- Grid inter-tied residential solar power systems
- Grid inter-tied residential solar power system with battery backup
The above mentioned are the list of the type that is occurred in solar energy systems for the implementation of research projects based on this research field.
Here, our research experts have stated the significant and required process of unpretentious accumulation of solar energy using the following research standards and techniques in the solar energy system.
Process of Solar Energy
- While shone onto the solar panel then the energy particles such as photons are converted into electrons
- Solar cell
- Using the solar panel cells the electrons are passed for the conversion of direct current electricity
- Electricity is sent to the inverter and which converts the alternating current power
- Home appliances
- The alternative power is used to run the home appliances and charge the devices
Along with these processes about the solar energy system, it includes several research areas based on the solar energy system. Solar energy is functioning through the regulation of SETO-funded projects, the creation of funding programs, and guiding techniques. Thus, our research professionals have highlighted the significant research fields in this system in the following.
Research Areas in Solar Energy
- Energy justice and community engagement
- Manufacturing and technology transfer
- Behavioral science, strategic analysis, and technical assistance
- Grid systems integration technologies
- Concentrating solar thermal power technologies
- Photovoltaic technologies
Below mentioned is the list of ideas that are deployed to enhance the research projects based on renewable energy systems.
- Develop solar water heater
- Develop a tracking system for solar panels
- Develop DSSC (third-generation solar cells)
- Develop a bifacial solar panel
- Develop low costs methods for solar panel cleaning
- Using nanotechnology to develop solar cells
Our research experts are providing the topmost research assistance for scholars as per their research requirements. Additionally, we are extended our research service with the paper publication process in reputed journals such as SCIE, IEEE, Springer, SCI, Scopus journals, and more within a short period.
Latest PhD Research Topics in Solar Energy
- Design and simulation of a solar power system oriented for mobile base station sites
- Control scheme for single-phase single-stage solar PV energy conversion system
- Optimizing the solar PV tilt angle to maximize the power output: A case study for Saudi Arabia
- Practical investigation of some characteristics of the solar distillation system for solar water desalination
- Performance comparison of crystalline and thin film PV technology: Observations at utility-scale solar PV plants under a high solar resource in western India
- A further look into the service lifetime cost of solar photovoltaic energy transformers
- Modelling of PV-based DC-DC boost converter using P&O algorithm under varying environmental conditions
- A new energy storage system configuration to extend the li-ion battery life for a household
- Solar energy prediction using decision tree regressor
- Distributed solar PV systems for industrial applications in Palestine
For your reference, our research experts in solar energy systems have listed out some of the deployment of this system in the current trends and the guidance for future research which are used in the selection of PhD research topics in the solar energy system, and they are stated below.
Research Trends in Solar Energy
- Thin film solar cells
- Building integrated photovoltaic
- Floating photovoltaic solar panels
Future Research Directions in Solar Energy
- Developments in module materials to increase efficiency
- Experimental studies for several load status scenarios
- Penalty in the problem of demanding response network energy management
- Extend forecasting techniques to longer time horizons with analysis of uncertainty factors
- Consumer social behavior for acceptance of solar photovoltaic technology
The above-mentioned are the most significant research notions for future research which are used in the invention of novel PhD research topics in solar energy. In addition, there are massive numbers of algorithms, protocols, simulation models, and tools based on solar energy systems, and our research experts assist based on all the research requirements in this field. The following is to explain the list of algorithms, protocols, simulation models, and tools in the implementation of solar energy research projects.
Algorithms in Solar Energy
- Floating solar panels
- Solar windows
- Light-sensitive nanoparticles
- Concentrating solar power (CSP)
Protocols in Solar Energy
- Smart energy profile 2.0
- It is used to integrate the nodes in the home area network
- Standard language protocols
- It is deployed for PV and storage grid integration process
- DNP3 protocol
- The nodes in distributed system network are intergraded through this DNP3 protocol
Simulation Modules in Solar Energy
- Hairy solar panels
- Bifacial solar modules
- Thin film solar
Tools and Software in Solar Energy
- Matlab Simulink
As per the frequently asked questions from the research scholars, our research experts have highlighted some research questions and appropriate answers which are involved in the process of research implementation based on solar energy.
Research Questions in Solar Energy
What is the methodology of solar energy?
The value of solar methodology is denoted as the significant methodology in solar energy systems and that is used for the consideration of the unique nature of solar PV generation to generate electricity. It includes some features such as
- Reserve capacity
- Plat O and M
- Reduction of fuel cost
How do you measure the performance of a solar panel?
The amount of sunlight is multiplied by the hits of the earth’s surface in the area and that is called incident radiation flux through the rear panel. That is divided by the maximum wattage in the panel and finally multiplied by 100 and that is the efficiency rating of the solar panel.
What are the current issues involving solar power?
- Utilization of hazardous materials in manufacturing
- Water use
- Habitat loss
- Utilization of land
What are the key areas of solar energy today?
- Technology systems analysis
- Solar resource sensing
- Measurement and forecasting
- PV performance reliability and safety
- PV engineering
- System advisor model (SAM)
- Integration with the electric grid
How can solar energy be improved in the future?
The silicon cells are continued with the reduction of cost and that is installed in massive numbers. It leads to enhancing the bulk of solar cell manufacturing and innovative technologies.
At present, we are providing full support for the research scholars in the selection of PhD research topics in solar energy. We insist more upon novel ideas in this field, for your ease and better guidance. Our experts ensure to provide confidential research guidance with in-depth research analysis for the research scholars. In addition, we provide the entire research knowledge based on solar energy. So, ping us to aid more!!!