Vehicular Ad Hoc Network (VANET) is defined as the ad hoc network in which data transmission is executed among vehicles and other roadside devices. For both urban and highway types of vehicles, data transmission is executed in the network. We minimize scholars’ overhead by sharing more research knowledge and the latest ideas in the field of VANET. On this page, crucial information in VANET Research Topics is given for students to initiate their research work in VANET.
What is the purpose of VANET?
For VANET communication, devices allow both DSRC and cellular technologies to concurrently transmit and receive data from other vehicles and forward it to the RSU. Currently, VANETs support in data transportation by autonomous vehicles and assistance provided for driving continuously reduce accidents or any other risks. Further, driver behavior analysis is applicable to manage the vehicles traveling on any critical roadsides.
PhD VANET Research Topics
- Caching Discovery
- Flooding and other Security Attacks Detection
- Emergency Message Dissemination
- Traffic Information
- Data Packet Forwarding and Routing
Routing is an attractive research field in VANET. For any VANET research topics, we can preferable multi-hop routing for normal and emergency message dissemination. However, VANET does not have a central coordinator and the nodes are moving by high mobility. Hence the topology is dynamic and thus the routing is a challenging issue. Ensuring data delivery with minimum delay and communication overhead is also hindering issues. In the following, we provide some routing protocols in VANETs for your reference.
Routing Protocols in VANET
- Priority-based Routing
- Parameters used: All QoS Metrics
- Geolocation Aware Routing
- Parameters used: Transmitted Packet Count and Location
- Distribution based Routing
- Parameters used: Vehicle Velocity, Satisfactory Interest Packet Rate
- Push Trafic based Routing
- Parameters used: Traffic Rate and Route Reply And Response Messages
- Neighbor aware Routing
- Parameters used: Caching Size and Speed
Unquestionably, VANETs is changing the environment and used for various transportation systems design and applications. Due to that, we keep updating and searching for all the new research information through our current trends updated technical team. To learn a few from that, look at below some VANET research topics,
Research Areas in VANETs
- SDN / NFV and IoT
- M2M and D2D Communication
- Mobile Edge Computing
- Fog Computing
- V2X Communication
- Vehicular Sensor Networks
- Internet of Vehicles
- Named Data Networking for IoT
- UAV, UAS, and Drone Communication
Different scenarios are conducted and experimented with during simulation of VANETs since applications and the number of nodes has taken must be tested to prove the research methodology is good in terms of QoS parameters (low latency, high reliability, and availability). From our past and current experience in studying reputed journal research papers and magazines, we shared below some testing scenarios in VANETs simulation.
- Urban and highway
- Road segmentation (coverage and distance)
- Mesh and circle topology
- Network partitioned with vehicles count
- Application or prototype specific cases
Hope you acquired some research knowledge for your VANET research topics. We further shared some PhD thesis writing ideas for making and delivering a quality thesis writing service.
How do we focus on Thesis Writing?
- In the first step, we get the perfect thesis writing format (university/research community guidelines)
- In the second step, we collect all your major contributions from the starting to the ending research periods.
- In the third step, make it arrangement to find the overall flow and clear organization
All the above-mentioned steps are discussed with you simultaneously for tracking the current status of your PhD thesis writing in VANET. Once you assign your work to us, you can also track it step-by-step. We tell and discuss with you all research problems, solutions, and objectives with a clear architectural diagram. Let’s check how we work on your PhD thesis writing.
- Choose the type of research (SCI / SCOPUS)
- Collect all your research ideas, parameters, datasets, and simulation information (if any)
- Research the topic that you give and study it by in-depth
- Search and go through all the previous research works related to the research topic/subject
- Collect and gather maximum research gaps mainly distinguished in papers
- Identify and finalize the research gaps and started for finding research ideas to address it
- A good vanet research proposal is delivered which covers all the core research contributions to start your PhD thesis writing work.
Our PhD thesis writing in VANET aims to distribute all current trends and vanet research topics to you. You can join our research team at any time for working on your detailed research in VANET. We can help you in any stage of your PhD so contact us for enjoying your research journey by traveling with us.